Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

can't connect to websites

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 tursup

tursup

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:46 AM

Posted 26 June 2010 - 04:24 PM

I am unable to connect to websites, but I am connected to the internet. And if I load up a program that can connect to the internet, it connects fine without any problems.

I have tried turning off my firewall, but that was not the problem. Neither was turning off my anti virus program. Also for what it is worth, Norton Anti Virus has never been on the computer.

Also, none of the other computers, that are in the same network, are having this problem.

I am posting this from a PS3, isn't technology wonderful? :thumbsup:

EDIT: Moved from Web Browsing/Email to Am I Infected forum ~ Hamluis.

Edited by hamluis, 28 June 2010 - 03:53 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• BC Advisor
  • 3,194 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:46 AM

Posted 26 June 2010 - 05:35 PM

Which web browser are you using ? Have you checked the proxy settings in the browser?

#3 PhoenixPwn

PhoenixPwn

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 26 June 2010 - 07:50 PM

I'm talking to tursup on yahoo and he says that he changed his proxy settings to No proxy a few minutes ago. Restarted the Browser and nothing.
Hmm...

#4 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• BC Advisor
  • 3,194 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:46 AM

Posted 26 June 2010 - 10:07 PM

Did he setup the proxies himself? If he did not, then it may be a malware case and better handled by HJT team of BleepingComputer.
Has he tried many browsers like IE, Chrome, Opera, Firefox etc. ?

#5 tursup

tursup
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  

Posted 27 June 2010 - 12:19 AM

I have tried safari , IE worked for a bit after a windows repair that was unauthorized, and firefox. None worked, i put the proxy setting to auto detect. And have scanned computer with updated MBAM, nothing.

I am also starting to believe it to be caused by some malware running amuck.

Edited by tursup, 27 June 2010 - 12:30 AM.

#6 tursup

tursup
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  

Posted 28 June 2010 - 02:19 PM

Okay, so after an windows reinstall, scanned with an up to date MBAM and got rid of the malware AKM antivirus 2010. It seemed to have been rooted deep in the computer, as it had to remove 8 files relating to it

Okay so, I updated my internet card driver, and my video card driver, but now it still will not connect to the internet constintly, like it would connect for 5 minutes before and now it just seems to not work at all, but all the other computers in the network are fine and i'm pretty sure my wireless card is not the problem. And Firefox still doesn't load up if I click on it.

Edit: it may just be my computer, but when I install the correct driver for the internet card, it just wont work. As in, it installs the driver, but it wont find the network, so i am unable to connect. And still Firefox does not want to launch, even after a new install of it, also it does not come up in the task manager processes list. IE launches fine though.

Edited by tursup, 29 June 2010 - 11:50 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users