Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blinking Icons followed by boot up in safe mode screen

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 geeper

geeper

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:07 PM

Posted 26 June 2010 - 03:43 PM

Hey, geeper needs help.
Ten days ago I came home to find my wifes computer on the blink (pun intended). The icons were blining very rapidly and would stop upon trying to access any programs which seem to load just fine. The internet loaded but slower than normal. I googled the problem and came up with superantivirus.com as a fix. Running the program came up with a trojan originating from shopathome.com, go figure. Anyway I rebooted and sure enough it DID NOT fix my problem so I rebooted again and that was the last time I saw windows XP Pro. What I saw next was the Dos screen where you have a choice of how you wan't to boot into windows, however I was unable to select an option, my keyboard was useless. I am looking for a Ps2 keyboard as sugested by my son to try because the former one is a USB keyboard. My son also suggested Combo fix and that's providing I can get into window One More Time. I also put my XP disc in and it would not load. And I am not sure this is a virus related problem.

I am not sure what my next step is and any help would be appreciated.

Buy the way I am new here Hello Everyone.

EDIT: Moving from XP to Am I Infected forum ~ Hamluis.

Edited by hamluis, 26 June 2010 - 04:57 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users