1. Yes, there is a checkbox--- you must opt-out to prevent the McAfee gunk.
2. The new plug-in was designed to allow some plugins to load separately from Ff, so if any of them crash, Ff will not be effected. A suggested fix for the problem you mention can be found here that disables Crash Protection (and the container.exe.)http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/forum/1/7...er.exe&as=s
" * In the Location bar, type about:config and press Enter.
* The about:config "This might void your warranty!" warning page may appear.
* Click I'll be careful, I promise!, to continue to the about:config page.
* Type dom.ipc.plugins into the Filter textbox.
* Double click or right click and choose Toggle on all true/false options (other than dom.ipc.plugins.timeoutSecs) so that they are set to false.
* You might need to restart for changes to take effect. "
plugin-container.exe shouldn't be used anymore with this change.
This user suggestion may or may not solve the problem; please read the Mozilla forum discussion before you make any changes.
Edited by jgweed, 26 June 2010 - 05:17 PM.