Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Repairing Vista

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 SkyNetCthulhu

SkyNetCthulhu

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:28 AM

Posted 25 June 2010 - 03:20 PM

Have you tried going through msconfig to reach these? start + access + run + type "msconfig" without quotes then click tools tab highlight system restore then click launch repost result plz.
good luck
doc

under General tab make sure selective start up is ticked

Now I am having exactly the same problem outlined at http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/324815/repairing-a-windows-installation-without-normal-boot/. I have no wish to lose important customer data, but due to a number of reasons, I had not backed up recently.

I can get to the cmd prompt in the Vista recovery environment, that's about it. I'm glad to hear this solution worked for Nitronick as I am in his position.

But, call me thick, but I do not understand the phrase 'start + access + run'.

Where should I be putting this in? I have no start menu, no safe mode, my restore points have vanished, as has my last known good configuration details. Basically my Master Boot Record has corrupted, or one of the drivers has corruptd (Safe mode boot stops at crcdisk.sys and then it restarts sending me in a loop).

There has to be a way I can restore the mbr, and it sounds like this is it. Please explain your solution with a tad more detail please? You may well be a lifesaver here.

I do have a manufacturer's (Dell) Vista CD, but again I also would prefer to avoid a reinstall.

Edited by hamluis, 26 June 2010 - 02:48 PM.
Split from link posted ~ Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users