Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Intoduction

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 J1234

J1234

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:14 PM

Posted 14 October 2005 - 06:22 PM

Hello, I'm a 56 year old man living in Zephyrhills, Fl.. When computers where first making a presence I remember that there where a total of three in our county, one of which was located at Muscle Shoals Technical Institute. M. S. T. I. was a vocational community college and offered a course entitled Data Processing, a two year program that when completed offered a diploma, not a degree of any nature. This course was the only educational offering to my knowledge and thinking that computers ( they where the size of a soft drink machine and bridges had to be constructed to walk over the connecting cables) might catch on and wide spread use may lie in the future I took this course and finished with the highest marks in our class of about 12 people and for some time I had bragging rights that I knew how to program a computer in 5 different languages. I must say that the text books were from a quarter inch all the way to a whole inch thick and that was 33 years ago ( that's one score and thirteen years ). So, my knowledge is meager but, only 99.9% lacking, and, don't laugh too hard because at the present rate of computer technology growth there will be many advanced computer savvy folks reading this statement that will face the same dilemma as I within much less time. By the way, they changed the name of M. S. T. I. to Shoals Community College because there were many that thought the word institute implied that those who attended could be considered crazy - those critics where right.

So, I'm excited about this web site and I am sure that all who endeavor to participate in this forum are very nice, very good and, probably a little crazy. At this point I m going to the proper topic to ask for advice on a problem and I will appreciate any comments and help from you wonderful folks. I'm glad to be here.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:14 PM

Posted 14 October 2005 - 09:35 PM

Welcome to BC, a great user community!
Regards,
John

PS: many computer manuals are now two inches thick. That's progress for you.
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users