Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Not A Valid Win32 Application Message

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Scott Stoef

Scott Stoef

• Members
  • 142 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:12 PM

Posted 26 June 2010 - 10:14 AM

I'm having an issue with my Windows XP 64-bit OS, but it won't allow me to load any cleaning software now. I did have some malware/spyware issues but according to SAS, MBAM, and Spybot they are all cleaned now. I tried to load the new version of Avast, AVG, CCleaner, etc. and it tries to save as a binary file (only option). Then when I go to run the .exe I get the message "*.exe is not a valid win32 application". All of the tools I'm trying to run are designed to work with Windows XP 64-bit so something tells me there is something else going on here.

So does anyone have any other ideas? When I do try to scan the downloads with Avast the process begins, but nothing happens. Could there be something deeper in my system that is preventing me from doing this? Right now I'm running the Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool from my account.

BTW I did run SAS, MBAM and Spybot from Safe Mode as well so I think I've got a pretty good clean. HELP!!!!!!

EDIT: Moved from XP to Am I Infected forum ~ Hamluis.

Edited by hamluis, 26 June 2010 - 10:56 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Scott Stoef

Scott Stoef
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 142 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:12 PM

Posted 26 June 2010 - 11:58 PM

PLease close....I created a new topic with significantly more information.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic327418.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users