Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Silly internet is redirecting itself.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Genkii

Genkii

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:36 AM

Posted 26 June 2010 - 05:21 AM

Hiyaz, :thumbsup:
Ive got a wee problem with my internet deciding to redirect itself every so often when i click on search links (I solely use googles search engine).

It redirects me to sites such as;
nthgegrnaioo.com (which quickly changes to the following)
Btcar.com
aicse.com
genieknows.com etc.

This tends to happen on not as popular sites, i.e. very rarely if never on Facebook etc, but quite frequently on other popular sites such as gamestation.
I'm usually quite the dab hand at fixing technology related problems but this ones gotten me frustrated, as i can barely even search for answers due to its interuptions.

Ive tried various things such as;
Disk clean up (Temp files, history etc)
McAfee scan
Spybot: Search and destroy scans
Malwarebytes Scan (Which frequently showed up a virus under the name of "XML" which couldnt be removed, even manually deleting the registry key, although i think i may have gotten rid of this previously)
TDSS Killer (Was very reluctant to use this, rightfully so, have had a few error messages popping up since, think ive deleted a semi-important file)

I can provide Malewarebyte logs and HiJackThis if theyre required
Thank you, if anyone can give me a wee point in the right direction
:flowers:
x

Edited by Orange Blossom, 26 June 2010 - 02:45 PM.
Move to AII as no logs posted and prep. guide not followed. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users