Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Random System Restarts.....help....

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mirvana

mirvana

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:44 PM

Posted 14 October 2005 - 03:34 PM

i have microsoft sp2, and my computer just randomly restarts at any given time. and when i run a system scan, and start to remove spyware, it pops up with a dialog that says system shutdown in 1:00. it's realllllly pissing me off. if this is the wrong forum, sorry. please, help.....

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Elixer

Elixer

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:44 PM

Posted 14 October 2005 - 09:03 PM

Random restart is a bit different than the restart in 1:00 countdown. If you are getting a warm reboot without any error message, it could mean that you have a hardware problem. In these cases, I would suspect a flaw in memory first.
Resident Geek

"There is an answer to every question, but is there an answer to every problem?"

#3 HappyShiner

HappyShiner

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  

Posted 15 October 2005 - 10:16 AM

Hi there,

Please go Start->Control Panel. In the control Panel, be sure you are on Classic View and then choose System. In the System window, go to Advanced tab. There, under the headline of Startup and Recovery, please click the Settings button. Under the headline of System failure, please UNcheck the box that says Automatically restart. Now, instead of just rebooting, your pc will show a blue screen including information I will need in order to help you. Please, when it happens, either take a picture of it and upload it here or write down the message that it gives on your next reply.

Big Smiles

HS

#4 mirvana

mirvana
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 25 October 2005 - 02:32 PM

Random restart is a bit different than the restart in 1:00 countdown. If you are getting a warm reboot without any error message, it could mean that you have a hardware problem. In these cases, I would suspect a flaw in memory first.

I get a 1:00 countdown....sorry for not specifying

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users