Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

User oddities

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 docemmettbrown

docemmettbrown

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:40 AM

Posted 26 June 2010 - 02:18 AM

So I'm the computer manager of the household. On our desktop we have two user profiles (windows 7) My mom and dad are on one and myself on the other. Today she came to me and said the browser is slow so I went to check. It was definitely lagging. The wired thing was is that on my account, everything runs like a snap, no problems. (Q1: Can spyware + viruses infect only one account?) So I went through a few virus scanners and nothing. Ran CCleaner, still slow. Spyware doctor, advanced system care, windows defender, Avira. cleared previous history and temp files. Still slow. I can't figure this puzzle out so I hope someone can help. If you need any info I didn't give just ask. Thanks a bunch in advance.
Hope I didn't post this in the wrong section. If so I'm sorry.

Edited by docemmettbrown, 26 June 2010 - 02:19 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 keyboardNinja

keyboardNinja

Bleepin' Ninja

• Members
  • 4,815 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:40 AM

Posted 01 July 2010 - 09:19 PM

What browser is being used? Firefox or IE?

If IE, reset Internet Explorer settings

If Firefox, Basic Troubleshooting (start at the top and go down until the problem is solved).
PICNIC - Problem In Chair, Not In Computer

Posted Image Posted Image

20 Things I Learned About Browsers and the Web

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users