Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Firefox & IE Google search redirects

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Affinity

Affinity

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:49 PM

Posted 26 June 2010 - 01:13 AM

I've hit a bit of nasty what-I-believe-to-be Malware that redirects my Google searches. I will search for a given topic and Google will display results as normal, but sometimes when I click on one of the given links I am directed to an ad or fake search site rather than my search result. It doesn't always happen, oddly enough, but happens for both IE and Firefox. I am running Windows XP Service Pack 3.

I use Avast!, and ever since the problem has popped up it has been detecting viruses on a rather routine basis (when before, it would only detect one once an a while, maybe once or twice a week, now it'll detect three at a time at various points in the day).

I've dealt with some pretty bad viruses before, but I'm not sure how to go about remove this problem. I searched for an answer, but the ones that seemed to work for others have not worked for me: MalwareBytes Anti-Malware found some things, but removing them did nothing. GooredFix didn't find anything.

So here I am, coming to you for some answers. I ask thee: Can you help?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users