Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Firefox redirects me to google after a search

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 Orlando_O

Orlando_O

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:02 PM

Posted 26 June 2010 - 12:41 AM

EDIT: Forgot to add I am using Windows XP x86 with 512 MB Ram with Service Pack 3

So yesterday I tried using Firefox I searched up facebook it showed the results. I clicked on facebook and it lead me to the main google website. When I tried to search there I get back into a loop. Though if I click some links of a domain ill get a google error that the site does not exist. I tried many other sites and some bookmarks and same thing happened. When I searched up firefox though it lead me to the original homepage but with broken links and images. Internet Explorer did not even open. My computer is slow regardless so now its really slow.

I uninstalled firefox and reinstalled with an installer from this computer and the same problem continued.

I ran malwarebytes, avira, and super anispyware but they found nothing.

I uninstalled firefox

I downloaded from adaware and spybot search and destroy from this computer and transferred it to the old computer via flashdrive.

Adaware found one thing and deleted it. I Spybot search and destroy wouldn't scan without removal of Adaware so uninstalled Adaware. Then updated the Spybot search and destroy and ran it. It found many things, Zangoo toolbar and adware were some. After I Immunized and then installed firefox again fresh installer. The problem still continued.

I rebooted it twice and it shows that I didn't have a firewall but then it fixed itself and showed it did.

The homepage is the default firefox one and it looks normal, I do a search and it looks normal but when I click on a result is where the problem is.

Here is the pics of how the problem happened

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

This the yellow warning in the corner. Every time I try to install windows updates this happens. I don't if this is part of the problem.

Posted Image

Hope you can help me.

Edited by Orlando_O, 26 June 2010 - 02:07 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orlando_O

Orlando_O
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 26 June 2010 - 04:12 PM

Can I get help? The problem continues.

EDIT: Sorry for bumping the thread.

Edited by Orlando_O, 27 June 2010 - 02:51 AM.

#3 trollocks

trollocks

• Members
  • 369 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:02 AM

Posted 27 June 2010 - 05:37 AM

Follow the instructions for running TDSSKiller
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-remo...sing-tdsskiller

#4 Orlando_O

Orlando_O
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 27 June 2010 - 01:33 PM

It's not that I don't appreciate the advice is just that I would like professional help. I don't want my computer to get messed up. Thanks anyways.

#5 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,759 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:02 PM

Posted 27 June 2010 - 04:58 PM

Run TDDS killer as suggested..

Follow with MBAm. Post back 2 logs and let us know how it is running..

Rerun MBAM (MalwareBytes) like this:

Open MBAM in normal mode and click Update tab, select Check for Updates,when done
click Scanner tab,select Quick scan and scan (normal mode).
After scan click Remove Selected, Post new scan log and Reboot into normal mode
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#6 Orlando_O

Orlando_O
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 27 June 2010 - 10:42 PM

Well it didn't find anything =/

I didn't know how to get a log out of the TDDS killer so I just made a screen shot

Posted Image

and here is the MBAB Log

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.46
www.malwarebytes.org

Database version: 4248

Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3
Internet Explorer 8.0.6001.18702

6/27/2010 8:28:07 PM
mbam-log-2010-06-27 (20-28-07).txt

Scan type: Quick scan
Objects scanned: 150409
Time elapsed: 20 minute(s), 40 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 0
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 0

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:

Might I add I tried using and internet explorer and it worked... I found it a little suspicious so I uninstalled Firefox and then downloaded a fresh copy from the infected computer. It was at about 46% then it incredibly went super fast and finished the download in less than a second when it usually would take a couple of minutes. When I tried to open the installer it said the file was corrupt. So I am pretty sure the virus or whatever it is, is still active.

#7 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,759 posts
  •  

Posted 28 June 2010 - 02:31 PM

We are going to have to get a deeper look. Please go here....
Preparation Guide ,do steps 6 - 9.

Create a DDS log and post it in the new topic explained in step 9,which is here Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs and not in this topic,thanks.
If Gmer won't run,skip it and move on.
Let me know if that went well.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#8 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,806 posts
  •  

Posted 29 June 2010 - 09:12 PM

Hello,

Now that you have posted a log here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/327772/firefox-redirect-google-infection/ you should NOT make further changes to your computer (install/uninstall programs, use special fix tools, delete files, edit the registry, etc) unless advised by a MRT Team member, nor should you ask for help elsewhere. Doing so can result in system changes which may not show in the log you already posted. Further, any modifications you make on your own may cause confusion for the helper assisting you and could complicate the malware removal process which would extend the time it takes to clean your computer.

From this point on the MRT Team should be the only members that you take advice from, until they have verified your log as clean.

Please be patient. It may take a while to get a response because the MRT Team members are EXTREMELY busy working logs posted before yours. They are volunteers who will help you out as soon as possible. Once you have made your post and are waiting, please DO NOT make another reply until it has been responded to by a member of the MRT Team. Generally the staff checks the forum for postings that have 0 replies as this makes it easier for them to identify those who have not been helped. If you post another response there will be 1 reply. A team member, looking for a new log to work may assume another MRT Team member is already assisting you and not open the thread to respond.

Please be patient. It may take several days to get a response but your log will be reviewed and answered as soon as possible. I advise checking your topic once a day for responses as the e-mail notification system is unreliable.

To avoid confusion, I am closing this topic. Good luck with your log.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users