Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I Think I Have A Virus

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 chicken2

chicken2

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:48 AM

Posted 14 October 2005 - 02:08 PM

hey, the problem that i have with my computer is that when i double click on a folder it doesnt go to whats in the folder it goes to to the search results page, and when i open certain folders and certain programs like real player, it opens but i cant see in on my screen. when i minimize or maximize, all the way in the corner of the screen where i cant see it. i dont known how to explain it. Can someone please help me.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 14 October 2005 - 03:08 PM

1. Have you run a thorough hard drive scan with your resident Anti-virus?
2. Have you used either Ad-Aware SE or Spybot (or both) to check for other forms of Malware?
3. Have you cleaned out your temporary internet files, run scandisk, and defragged recently?
Perhaps we can get to the problem by elimination of the obvious.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 chicken2

chicken2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 18 October 2005 - 11:13 AM

[quote name='jgweed' date='Oct 14 2005, 03:08 PM' post='179324']
1. Have you run a thorough hard drive scan with your resident Anti-virus?
2. Have you used either Ad-Aware SE or Spybot (or both) to check for other forms of Malware?
3. Have you cleaned out your temporary internet files, run scandisk, and defragged recently?
Perhaps we can get to the problem by elimination of the obvious.
Regards,
John

i did all those things that you said, but my computer is still doing the same thing when i try to open a folder. i cant double click to open a folder, i have to right click and click on "open" if i double click it takes me to search results page and the folder wont show on my screen... please hep me..thank you

#4 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:48 AM

Posted 18 October 2005 - 11:35 AM

i cant double click to open a folder, i have to right click and click on "open" if i double click it takes me to search results page and the folder wont show on my screen...

kellys-korner

Search Opens When Double Clicking A Folder - #18, on the Right

NOTE: This is a registry edit. If you're not familiar with working in the registry, DO NOT ATTEMPT.
Improper changes to the registry could render your computer inoperable.
Remember to backup the registry before making any changes.
Instructions, on how to do that, can be found here:
Backing up the Registry

To use the Regedits:
Save the REG File to your hard disk.
Double click it and answer yes to the import prompt.
REG files can be viewed in Notepad by right clicking on the file and selecting Edit.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users