Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Microsoft Patents Ones, Zeroes

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• BC Advisor
  • 3,545 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:20 PM

Posted 25 June 2010 - 06:14 PM

http://www.theonion.com/articles/microsoft...nes-zeroes,599/
In the beginning there was the command line.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,488 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:20 AM

Posted 26 June 2010 - 07:49 AM

HAha now that is hilarious. :flowers: :thumbsup:
sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

#3 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• Topic Starter

• BC Advisor
  • 3,545 posts
  •  

Posted 26 June 2010 - 03:02 PM

They snuck that one in on us and didnt even bother to tell anybody!!

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,404 posts
  •  

Posted 26 June 2010 - 10:56 PM

Some how I feel this was the truth... :thumbsup:

In an address beamed live to billions of people around the globe Monday, Gates expressed confidence that his company's latest move will, ultimately, benefit all humankind.

"Think of this as a partnership," Gates said. "Like the ones and zeroes of the binary code itself, we must all work together to make the promise of the computer revolution a reality. As the world's richest, most powerful software company, Microsoft is number one. And you, the millions of consumers who use our products, are the zeroes."

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 Layback Bear

Layback Bear

• Members
  • 1,880 posts
  •  

Posted 27 June 2010 - 03:29 AM

I would like to have the patent on gravity. I will be richer that Bill. I can't see anything coming from this except a lot of legal fees.

#6 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,488 posts
  •  

Posted 27 June 2010 - 10:04 AM

haha i would love to have a patent over gravity as i would find a way to charge people to use it and then the people who did not pay i would find a way to turn it off on them. :thumbsup: :flowers:
sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

#7 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• Topic Starter

• BC Advisor
  • 3,545 posts
  •  

Posted 27 June 2010 - 02:12 PM

Did anyone notice the date and that the article is from The Onion, a satire newspaper?

#8 DeathStalker

DeathStalker

• Banned
  • 868 posts
  •  

Posted 27 June 2010 - 02:48 PM

Ummmmmmm Eyesee? I think EVERYONE who commented knew it was satire.............

#9 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,763 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:20 PM

Posted 28 June 2010 - 08:37 AM

Did anyone notice the date and that the article is from The Onion, a satire newspaper?

Nooooooo whats that? lol sad enough, with bill gates this is halfway believable, and personally, IMHO Linux should do this and put both microsoft AND apple out of business. :thumbsup:

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users