Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Connection Tray Freezes

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 BigMac90501

BigMac90501

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:07 PM

Posted 25 June 2010 - 08:58 AM

Hello,

I could use up direction in solving a wireless network problem I'm having. I have a fairly new HP8730w laptop running XP Pro/SP3. When I'm connected to my network, wirelessly, at random times my network connection will drop. None of the apps work, but the PC is still functioning (mouse keyboard still work). I can't get into network connections to disable/repair the network connection, the only way out of this is to reboot the system. During the shut down process, the system is unable to shut down the "connections tray". That's the only error I see.

Not sure what other details I can provide, except for I don't have any issues when hardwired.

I'd greatly appreciate any help.

Thanks,

BigMac90501

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users