Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Adobe Reader V7 Update

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 rodell

rodell

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:59 AM

Posted 14 October 2005 - 09:33 AM

Waited over two hours to download 13.2mb (sure, DialUp) for this Adobe update. When continued to OPEN, box appeared with blue headline, File is corrupted, and message, Checksum error. Not slightest idea how to handle this but confident one of you geniuses will have the answer -- other than simply removing it and retreating to v6.
The Desktop icon is present, but unusable.
Will appreciate your responses!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 14 October 2005 - 11:54 AM

Checksum errors indicate that the download was incomplete or corrupted perhaps caused by server or transmission timeouts. Your new version will not work.
You have several alternatives. Try another download site/server; if you only want a PDF viewer, FOXIT Reader is a viable alternative (and greatly smaller in size).
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 rodell

rodell
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 16 October 2005 - 11:15 AM

Thank you, John, for prompt, helpful response. Don't undersytand why no notice reached me at my email address. I checked for notification at appropriate place.
I have retreated to Adobe 6 as I am now informed version 7 requires W2000 and up. I'm W98SE IE 6.

Cordially, RO

Checksum errors indicate that the download was incomplete or corrupted perhaps caused by server or transmission timeouts. Your new version will not work.
You have several alternatives. Try another download site/server; if you only want a PDF viewer, FOXIT Reader is a viable alternative (and greatly smaller
John

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users