Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trojan virus? Recent attack blocked?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 zoey09

zoey09

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:42 PM

Posted 24 June 2010 - 11:37 PM

Hi. I need help. I think I have a virus and am not sure where to go from here. I have Norton AntiVirus and I have run multiple quick scans and a full scan with nothing bad returning. However, every few minutes I keep getting a message from Norton saying "A recent attack on your computer was blocked." When I look under Norton history I see Trojan.FakeAV!gen29 detected multiple times. I also see things such as Trojan Horse and Trojan.Zefarch. I also see many blocked intrusion attempts from different websites that were blocked. Also when I google something and try to click that link it redirects me a lot of the time. The other day it looked like a fake anti-virus software was asking me to purchase but I DID NOT purchase it..assuming that in itself was a virus. I found out it was Malware and did the Malwarebytes full scan with only 1 or 2 reports coming back and everything was removed. Now I did a quick scan in safe mode and removed something else that came back..nothing is working. Please help! I am also getting information on my computer and another computer connected to the same internet as me that a "blaster" virus might be on my computer. I need help! Is this also effecting my other computer as well?? Please advise.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:42 AM

Posted 24 June 2010 - 11:44 PM

Try this:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-remo...sing-tdsskiller
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 zoey09

zoey09
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 25 June 2010 - 12:00 AM

Thanks. I followed those instructions. Is there anyway for me to tell if it really worked? Did my computer really have a virus or not yet? Everything that kept coming in was blocked and when I scan it acts like my computer is fine, but I know its not. It seems a lot better at the moment, but I will wait and see. I just noticed some of the intrusions when I open them on Norton under "risk" it says "HTTP Tidserv Request". Is this something different? I just want to make sure my computer is safe. Should I run a full scan in safe mode?

#4 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  

Posted 25 June 2010 - 12:02 AM

Did tdsskiller delete anything?
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#5 zoey09

zoey09
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 25 June 2010 - 12:05 AM

it said registry objects infected/cured/cured on reboot: 0/0/0
file objects infected/cured/cured on reboot: 1/0/1
and then I restarted my computer. I have since NOT gotten a "an attack was blocked from your computer" which is a good sign since usually it is every few minutes. I am also not being redirected it doesn't seem. I just wonder if there is more hidden that I don't know about..but everything seems decent now. thanks so much for your help. any other suggestions are appreciated!

#6 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  

Posted 25 June 2010 - 12:06 AM

Run a Malwarebytes quick scan.

—George Bernard Shaw

#7 zoey09

zoey09
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 25 June 2010 - 12:23 AM

done. nothing came up. think everything is ok?

#8 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  

Posted 25 June 2010 - 12:28 AM

If there are no signs of any infection then I think probably yes.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users