Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

AV Security Suite Question

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 arknaz

arknaz

• Members
  • 476 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:01 PM

Posted 24 June 2010 - 07:19 PM

So a guy came over today to have me remove AV Security Suite from his computer (found out it was that after i saw it), and i knew i had seen it on the virus removal guide before but it was kinda strange what happened.

When i got to the msconfig and changing the boot.ini i clicked the network tab after /safeboot (normal, networking etc) figuring i wanted network to download updates. When i rebooted after that it came up and started the safemode (all the loading lines coming up) and then crash, it just turns off..Retry, same thing. retry in normal mode, turns off. Any mode i would try it just shut back down. I had UBCD so i figured i would pop that in and scan with it (doesn't have malwarebytes however). It crashed the first time, then second time it loaded i tried downloading malwarebytes but it errored out, so i used SUPERANTIspyware and it found about 6 items, 2 being avsuite and avsoft. After rebooting again it did start up in safemode, like how msconfig was configured to do.

I was then able to update and scan, and remove AV Security Suite from the computer (6 infections found incuding it), rebooted, safemode again, recaned to be sure, then started in normal mode. Scanned it again in MB and nothing, it was all clean.

I was just wondering about the shutting down part..the only thing i could think of is that it was overheated (it did feel hotish) and just wouldn't boot up.

All in all a good experience and pretty fun, he was happy for the free help

-Scott
Samsung Chromebook +
  • Intel i5-2500K 3.3Ghz - Replaced with I7 3770k 3.5Ghz
  • 80G SSD, 640G/1TB/3TB Sata  
  • Palit GTX560 TI 2GB 
  • 16g G.Skill Sniper DDR3

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users