Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Three Issues That I Believe Are Hardware Related

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 tmcintos

tmcintos

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:12 PM

Posted 24 June 2010 - 05:03 PM

I'm sorry if this is the wrong place, but I'm not quite sure where to post these problems. Here they are.

1. The computer freezes during the startup process.
2. The picture the monitor gives off a real blurry picture.
3. None of the USB ports will operate.

I would attempt to start the computer in safe mode, but I am unable to because my keybord plugs into the USB ports which do not work.

Any help would be appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bwest0703

bwest0703

• Members
  • 164 posts
  •  

Posted 24 June 2010 - 11:21 PM

Hello tmcintos,

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I believe your Motherboard is dying on you. You can do a couple of different things. Try resetting the CMOS, just unplug the power cord and take out the battery for a bit. Then see if it will boot, recognize USB etc...
To remedy the keyboard situation, hopefully there is a ps2 keyboard port in the back that you can plug an older keyboard into. I would try that, or another cheaper option would be to use a PCI to USB adapter to get USB support.

Side from that, motherboard seems to be going and you nay have to replace it. I'm not sure what else it could be. Maybe verify it from some other folks first, but i'm pretty sure that is your problem.

Is it still under warranty I hope??

With regards,

bwest0703
Posted Image

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,758 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:12 PM

Posted 25 June 2010 - 08:15 AM

Well...I would check for possible overheating issues...before I wrote the board off.

Louis

#4 bwest0703

bwest0703

• Members
  • 164 posts
  •  

Posted 25 June 2010 - 11:35 AM

Thanks Louis,

I'm still learning :thumbsup: We only get so much practice in class. It's also quite a bit of information getting thrown at us at once :flowers:

That's why I suggested getting some other opinions first.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users