Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

VirtualBox Networking

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Deviouz1

Deviouz1

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:38 PM

Posted 24 June 2010 - 12:32 PM

hi, ok so i wasnt sure which forum i should post this in, i know its a networking issue but i think it has more to do with VirtualBox than a typical networking problem. if ithis thread should be in another forum by all means move it.

so, im running Win7 home premium 32 bit as the host system and xp pro 32 bit as the client system. i have file sharing turned on on both machines and both firewalls are turned off for the moment. both are set to use DHCP and my router shows that the client is pulling a 192.168 IP along with the other three pc's . however, when i run an ip config on the client system it shows a 10.0 ip. on my host machine, when i go to network, it shows my client machine but i cant access it.

ive also gone through the steps found here:
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-7/s...ndows-7-and-xp/

im honestly stumped and would appreciate any direction that can be given.

Edited by Al1000, 05 February 2017 - 12:44 PM.
Moved from All Other Applications

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users