Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Some sort of game i just remembered

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Surma

Surma

• Members
  • 140 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:38 AM

Posted 24 June 2010 - 11:11 AM

Okay, so long ago i remember that there was this little game on a windows machine, think it was like in-built, where there would be a cat chasing your mouse cursor around. If you moved the cursor to the edge of the screen the cat would stop there and scratch at the edge. If it caught the mouse it would eat it and go to sleep. Anyone remembers this or knows what the hell im talking about?
---My computer---
Manufacturer:HP Pavilion 061 CPU:Intel Pentium 4 640, 3200 MHz (16 x 200) RAM: 1024MB Motherboard:Asus PTGD1-LA Chipset:Intel Grantsdale i915P HDD:Main256GB Ext512GB Video:Radeon X600 Series Internet:DSL 2mb/s OS:Windows XP Home Edition SP3 Firefox+IExplorer AVG Internet Security

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:08:38 PM

Posted 24 June 2010 - 11:18 AM

Is this what you're looking for? On the page it's listed as Neko.

http://www.catcraze.com/treats.htm

it's also mentioned here http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file/fid,...escription.html

Neko
(Japanese for Cat)
Neko is a cute little white animated cat loose on your desktop. When you move your mouse cursor, the cat chases it. (Cat chasing mouse? Makes sense!) When the cursor is stationary, the cat goes to sleep -- until you move it again.
Then the fun resumes!
System Requirements:
Windows 95 or 98

Clicking Neko brings up the file download.

Edit to add: I just found this. Nothing to install, just click the cat or other image and it chased the cursor.

http://webneko.net/

Edited by Queen-Evie, 24 June 2010 - 11:22 AM.

#3 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• BC Advisor
  • 3,541 posts
  •  

Posted 24 June 2010 - 04:01 PM

That was Neko all right
You beat me to it Queen Evie!

There was another program we used to run concurrently with Neko
It was called Eyes if I remember correctly
It was a pair of eyeballs that always followed Neko around by looking at him wherever the cat was on the screen
Im thinking there was a way to get Neko trapped inside of a box too. He would claw and scratch at the box trying to get out. I dont remember how to do that though
In the beginning there was the command line.

#4 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 24 June 2010 - 06:45 PM

My search engine (dogpile.com) is my friend. I entered the term old windows 98 game of cat chasing mouse cursor around and found it.

I will admit to never having heard of Neko until I found it while searching.

#5 Surma

Surma
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 140 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:38 AM

Posted 14 July 2010 - 12:54 PM

Thank you!
---My computer---
Manufacturer:HP Pavilion 061 CPU:Intel Pentium 4 640, 3200 MHz (16 x 200) RAM: 1024MB Motherboard:Asus PTGD1-LA Chipset:Intel Grantsdale i915P HDD:Main256GB Ext512GB Video:Radeon X600 Series Internet:DSL 2mb/s OS:Windows XP Home Edition SP3 Firefox+IExplorer AVG Internet Security

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users