Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Self-Changing Icons!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Roswell.1701

Roswell.1701

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:02 AM

Posted 24 June 2010 - 07:08 AM

:huh: I can't take it anymore!!! Icons that come from sites such as Facebook, Fox News.com...even this site are changed at start-up to a generic Windows blue globe. Net-link icons that are tagged with the green Norton checkmark don't seem to be effected, but those with the Windows blue double arrow mark are always changing. What is causing this and is there anything I can do to stop it? Is my machine haunted? Roswell.1701
It's all in the mind.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Jacee

Jacee

Bleeping around

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,716 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:02 AM

Posted 24 June 2010 - 10:57 AM

Open an elevated command prompt, type or copy/paste sfc /scannow and press Enter. See if this will find and fix the problem

MS_MVP.gif
MS MVP Windows-Security 2006-2016
Member of UNITE, the Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

Admin PC Pitstop

#3 Jacee

Jacee

Bleeping around

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,716 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:02 AM

Posted 24 June 2010 - 12:01 PM

You could also rebuild the icon cache by following this tutorial http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/49819...he-rebuild.html

MS_MVP.gif
MS MVP Windows-Security 2006-2016
Member of UNITE, the Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

Admin PC Pitstop

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users