Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Nv4_dsp.dll

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 SableJewel

SableJewel

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:13 AM

Posted 24 June 2010 - 04:15 AM

Hello I keep getting the blue screen of death everytime I play any kind of video games. It doesn't matter if there on the internet or downlaods. I kind of had a feeling it has to do with my video card but I'm not sure what to do. This has been happening for awhile and I have tried everything. This last time it said nv4_dsp.dll error and I located it in my files so it's not missing. I'm not sure what to do can someone please give some suggestions.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:13 PM

Posted 24 June 2010 - 06:16 AM

Hi -

nv4_dsp.dll is a process that belongs to the drivers for Nvidia graphics card and other graphics card with similar properties. There are a number of different versions of the file available and most problems are commonly associated with having an old or incorrect version of the dll file installed on your system.

After looking around a bit I found This Page with hints on your Vid Card - This seems to be the problem -
Check that all drivers are updated (not always easy) as some will not show up as outdated -
Use the makers site to look for your current video card driver -
Thank You -
EDIT -
You have not listed it but I am thinking it is a NVIDIA video card -
Please check in Control Panel > System > Hardware > Device Manager - It is listed under Display adapters -

Edited by noknojon, 24 June 2010 - 07:56 AM.

#3 SableJewel

SableJewel
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:13 AM

Posted 24 June 2010 - 04:58 PM

Thank you for all your help I appreciate it. Hopefully the problem is fixed. Your right i do have a Nivida and I guess this is a common problem they have with there cards. Thanks again you very helpful.

#4 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:13 AM

Posted 27 June 2010 - 10:14 AM

GO here http://www.nvidia.com and update your video card drivers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users