Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Accendently Deleted All Received Messages in Opera's M2

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 smegly

smegly

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:45 PM

Posted 24 June 2010 - 01:54 AM

Greetings,

Well, I pulled a fast one on myself. Here's what happened:

In Opera if you want to permanently delete an email, you highlight the email to delete hold down the shift key and then hit the delete key. Simple enough, right? But, if you are clumsy in just the right way, you'll brush the END key just before you then depress the DELETE key. That has the predictable result of highlighting all your mail just as your pinky is about to hit the originally intended DELETE key. Result, all is lost. No trash can is involved.

However, I do have Tuneup 2009 which seemed to bring back all my mail from wherever it goes when you delete it. That was a relief. Unfortunately, Opera email program can no longer see those email files although they were restored to the same place in the file system. I suspect there's a flag set somewhere to ignore the folders names once they were deleted but have no clue how to go about re-setting it so that Opera will acknowledge them and show me my undeleted emails.

Any hints out there?

Opera Version

Build

Platform
Win32

System
Windows XP

smegly

Edited by smegly, 24 June 2010 - 01:56 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users