Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows update blocked, google redirecting.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Oboy

Oboy

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:47 AM

Posted 24 June 2010 - 12:52 AM

For about three days my computer has been completely unable to access the windows update website, getting the error "The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading." Likewise, running the windows update program results in Error Code 80072EFE.

Likewise, for three days, google results have been occasionally redirecting to seemingly random websites like marthastewart.com. Occasionally a firefox tab will open up and AVG will block it, while using firefox. Very rarely, a windows error box will come up saying "Windows Host Service has stopped working".

I've tried scanning with, so far.. AVG, Ad-aware, Spybot, and Malwarebytes Anti-malware. Both in normal mode and safe mode, and they either find nothing, or the things they find apparently aren't what I have.

Running Windows Vista SP2. 32-bit.

EDIT: One of the popups is "google.com/webhp", and it's occured twice lately.

Edited by Oboy, 24 June 2010 - 05:48 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users