Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Partition Troubles

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 s6khill

s6khill

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:17 AM

Posted 13 October 2005 - 10:49 PM

Ok, so I just built a new computer, when i installed windows xp pro i created a 20GB partition for the OS and other system programs. So all is well, but when i just my Administrative Tools it says that all my stuff is going on the 20GB partition and the other 230GB on the drive are unallocated. When i got to create a new partition it can only partition up to 23GB per partition, so do i just create 4 partitions or is there something i can do to make it a 230GB partition? thank you all for your input.

-Kenny Hill

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:17 AM

Posted 14 October 2005 - 01:45 AM

When you purchased your new HD you should have received a disk (CD or floppy). It will have a utility that will enable you to create 137gb partitions. If you did not receive the disk go to the manufacture's web site and download it.
Good luck.

Ok by the way :thumbsup: to BC
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 s6khill

s6khill
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:17 AM

Posted 16 October 2005 - 01:25 AM

Hehehe, thnx. I brought my computer to my A+ Cert. class and used the teachers PartitionMagic CD. Worked like a charm lol. thnx for the help anyways.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users