Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

firefox browser hijack

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 chadp123

chadp123

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:00 AM

Posted 23 June 2010 - 08:16 PM

hello,

i am in need of assistance with a browser hijacking i am experiencing.

when searching google through the google toolbar in firefox, a new firefox window appears with a URL already typed in. one of which was:

hxxp://www.candystand.com/play-random-game/youda-safari

and another:

hxxp://www.adcloudmedia.com/denyPage1.html

this does not happen every time i do a search. i'd say about 25% of the time.
after about 5 minutes, the new window closes itself.

i've run malwarebytes a few weeks back andit quarantined some files. however, the issue still persists. i ran it again and today it's found nothing this time.

if someone would be so gracious to help me out, please tell me what info to post which will be helpful in determining the issue and i will be happy to do so.

thank you kindly.

Edited by Orange Blossom, 23 June 2010 - 08:24 PM.
Deactivated links and moved to AII as no logs posted and prep. guide not followed. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users