Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Explorer and Media Player don't recognise some tags

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Danja

Danja

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:32 AM

Posted 23 June 2010 - 06:03 PM

I'm having some trouble with a couple folders in my music collection. I'm using W7 x64 ultimate, and for most of the folders the description tags are visible and sortable within explorer.exe. However, within some of my folders the files appear untagged to explorer and WMP, but the tags show up fine in programs such as WinAmp. When I right click on a file within these folders and go to properties/details, I am unable to edit any of the fields.

When I load the file in a program such as TagIT 3, the tags show up fine. I tried to use the Convert Tag from 2.4 to 2.3 function and it had no effect. Does anyone know how to force explorer (and Windows Media Player, which also can't see the tags), to read them?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users