Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Please help.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 lifeismyfate

lifeismyfate

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:09 AM

Posted 23 June 2010 - 05:08 PM

Ok, this issue all started about a a week and a half ago. I'd been running Windows 7 Ultimate for about 6 months with no issues then one day i got a BSOD. Resarted worked fine for a few days...and BSOD again. I started getting them more and more frequently until i literally coundn't even use my system. The BSODs were random...there were about 20 different ones. So I run tests on my RAM and HDs...no errors found. Next, I wiped my system drive and reinstalled. Everything worked fine for about a week. (No more BSODs not ever during my next issues.)

Two days ago I came home to find my system shut off. It booted up and immediately told me Windows Explorer is not responding. I couldn't do anything so I rebooted. This time it froze at the starting windows screen. Rebooted again. It loads into start up recovery and tells me it can not fix the problem and that i have no restore points. (Which I actually did.) I try safe mode and it will not boot, either. So I wipe the drive yet again and do another clean install. During the expanding of the windows files the system locked up 3 tries in a row. I formatted another HD on another system, installed it into this one, used a different SATA and installed windows. Everything worked great.

So, today I come home and my system is off again! I start it up and everything is very laggy. (About 1 min. to load Task Manager.) So I reboot and the starting windows screen pops up but its missing the animation. After about 5 minutes it loads into start recovery and the screen goes black. I gave it about a half hour and rebooted only to get the exact same thing. I try to boot into safe mode and it will not. (Stopped at class.pnp I think)

Any suggestion would be appreciated! Reloading windows every 2 days is going to get REALLY old.
Thanks

Edited by lifeismyfate, 23 June 2010 - 05:21 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 doctorphibes

doctorphibes

• Members
  • 81 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:09 AM

Posted 24 June 2010 - 11:08 AM

Hi,
Are you using a release candidate version of 7?
If you can boot into safe mode, try Last known good config first. If that doesn't work you might try this (assuming you can boot into safe mode):

First of all, remove all unnecessary hardware devices from the computer, try entering Windows safe mode to test whether it is a third-party software/hardware incompatibility issue. If the issue is caused by the driver updates, you might go to Device Manager, right click your hardware device in the list and select Properties; then click Driver tab and click Roll Back Driver button. In addition, you might download and run Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor to check the reason for the issue.

If you still get the BSOD error while booting the computer, please understand that Windows system uses separated user mode and kernel mode memory space, stop errors are always caused by kernel portion components, such as a hardware device, third-party drivers, backup software or anti-virus services (buggy services).

The system goes to a blue screen because there is some exception(s) happening in the kernel (either the device driver errors or the service errors), and Windows implements this mechanism: When it detects some error(s) occur in the kernel, it will kill the box to prevent more severe damage happening. Then we get a blue screen or the system reboots (it depends on what the system settings are).

To troubleshoot this kind of kernel crash issue, we need to debug the crashed system dump. Unfortunately, debugging is beyond what you can do in a forum. A suggestion would be to contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support (CSS) via telephone so that a dedicated Support Professional can assist with your request. Please be advised that contacting phone support will be a charged call.

Hope it helps,
doc
I am enough of the artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world. Albert Einstein

#3 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:09 AM

Posted 27 June 2010 - 09:06 AM

Download BlueScreenView (in Zip file)
No installation required.
Unzip downloaded file and double click on BlueScreenView.exe file to run the program.
When scanning is done, go Edit>Select All.
Go File>Save Selected Items, and save the report as BSOD.txt.
Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all content, and paste it into your next reply.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users