Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

infected with the AV SECURITY SUITE virus

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 soimcrazy

soimcrazy

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:55 PM

Posted 23 June 2010 - 04:29 PM

I'm on my UNINFECTED pc right now. My laptop got infected today.

1. I'm unable to access any website. When I try I get - Internet Explorer Warning- visiting this site may harm your computer..... bla bla bla ... you can PURCHASE FOR SECURE INTERNET SURFING (RECOMMENDED)

2. Then I get popups....infiltration alert. Your computer is being attacked ...bla bla bla .. DETAILS attack from 191.55.163.15, port 30696 Attack port: 44524 Threat: Win32/Nuqel.E

3. If I click on anything it carries me to the AV site ...hxxp://profantivir.net

I've had this laptop for a year now. Its running Vista home.

I'm no expert on PCs.....whats my first move, since I'm unable to connect to any other website except AV ?

oh..I have Nortons which I keep updated daily. I ran a scan and it shows nothing wrong ...lol

THANKS !!!!

Edited by Orange Blossom, 23 June 2010 - 09:15 PM.
Deactivate link. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 faithandfame

faithandfame

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:55 PM

Posted 23 June 2010 - 07:02 PM

I am currently dealing with the same issue with my laptop. I am on my roommates laptop right now. Please let me know if anyone has any idea on how to deal with this issue.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users