Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

NY just had an earth quake!

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,457 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:21 AM

Posted 23 June 2010 - 01:17 PM

I live near Rochester NY and upper NY near the Adirondack area Just had an earthquake. I just felt the shaking had some things fall on me but I'm ok. :thumbsup:

http://www.13wham.com/news/local/story/Ear...a7fueeJ27Q.cspx

sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat too! |

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,523 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:21 AM

Posted 23 June 2010 - 01:31 PM

You felt it in NY but it was in Canada: http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/rec...wa7.php#details

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 Drovers Dog

Drovers Dog

• Members
  • 1,048 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:21 PM

Posted 23 June 2010 - 01:33 PM

The USA got through to the final 16 in the World Cup, that has shaken the World, Mate. :thumbsup:

Ray.
What ever you give to others, you will get back doubled, Just make sure you only give Nice Things?......DD saying

There is a saying, "You just can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear" it means "to be happy with what you have and not look for the impossible"......DD saying

The "Spirit" of the people who died, on that terrible day 9/11 will NEVER REST until such time as the "Imbeciles" that caused it, are eliminated through out the World.....DD saying

What is a Dog?

#4 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• Topic Starter

• 4,457 posts
  •  

Posted 23 June 2010 - 01:35 PM

To animal It was on the border of canada, I was close enough what's a few miles. :thumbsup: :flowers:

To Dovers Dog,, hahaha, true very true. :trumpet: :inlove:

sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat too! |

#5 strolln

strolln

• Members
  • 400 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:21 AM

Posted 23 June 2010 - 01:39 PM

I usually sleep thru the earthquakes we have in Calif!
To Err is human; to really foul things up requires a Bleeping Computer!

#6 zsazso

zsazso

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  

Posted 23 June 2010 - 01:45 PM

Felt it in western Mass, too! That was the first thing I thought of (no train tracks nearby). House wiggled around pretty good.

#7 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,755 posts
  •  

Posted 24 June 2010 - 08:04 AM

wyoming experiences an earthquake every time I drive down main street in my mighty ford pickup. . . lol jk cant say as ive ever been in an earthquake. . .

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#8 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• Topic Starter

• 4,457 posts
  •  

Posted 24 June 2010 - 08:24 AM

ahahhah :thumbsup: :flowers: nice one patriot :trumpet: yeah this one wasn't much i though it was myself shaking my desk but then i move off the desk and the monitor kept shaking :inlove: My dad was at work and he and 4 others felt it but the rest of the guys thought they were crazy and his boss wanted them to be tested for drugs as he works as a school bus mechanic. :cool: :)

sigcomp.png 

#9 Galadriel

Galadriel

Bleepin Elf

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,753 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:21 AM

Posted 24 June 2010 - 09:05 AM

To animal It was on the border of canada, I was close enough what's a few miles. :flowers: :trumpet:

Wrong border. In other words, epicenter wasn't on the border between Canada and the USA, but between Ontario and Quebec. Its epicenter was well within the Canadian side. It damaged some buildings in western Quebec and a section of a highway collapsed into a river as a result of the quake. Funny thing was, my mother who lives in Montreal, didn't even know there had been an earthquake until I told her last night. :thumbsup:

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/ottawa/story/2010...earthquake.html
I cemna prestar aen. Han mathon ne nen. Han mathon ne chae. A han noston ne 'wilith. - Galadriel
'The avatar is changed; I can feel it in the water, I can feel it in the earth, I can smell it in the air.'

Phear teh ceiling cat, for he is roofkittehd! - Basement Cat

I'm a Bleeping Folder, are you? - Join BC in the fight against diseases - Click here
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#10 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,755 posts
  •  

Posted 25 June 2010 - 08:05 AM

you know, Im beginning to wonder if anyone really knew where this earthquake was really at, is this the case of the lost earthquake? maybe someone ought to give it a map :thumbsup:

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

#11 Drovers Dog

Drovers Dog

• Members
  • 1,048 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:21 PM

Posted 25 June 2010 - 08:32 AM

Aw, let's never start up Global Warming with this?

That would be so silly. Life is just Crazy, just now? I think we should just look around and realise that?

All Humans know we are into a change, from the World Cup in Football. (It has shown, we all need to re-adjust towards each other.)

That is wonderful to see.

No Offense ever was intendered.

Ray.

Edited by Drovers Dog, 25 June 2010 - 08:40 AM.

What ever you give to others, you will get back doubled, Just make sure you only give Nice Things?......DD saying

There is a saying, "You just can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear" it means "to be happy with what you have and not look for the impossible"......DD saying

The "Spirit" of the people who died, on that terrible day 9/11 will NEVER REST until such time as the "Imbeciles" that caused it, are eliminated through out the World.....DD saying

What is a Dog?

#12 s1lents0ul

s1lents0ul

• Members
  • 544 posts
  •  

Posted 25 June 2010 - 08:58 AM

I saw this earthquake on the news, it did originate from Canada, and heres a link to the report if u want to read it
==]--s1lents0ul-->

#13 Pandy

Pandy

Bleepin'

• Members
  • 9,559 posts
  •  

Posted 25 June 2010 - 11:18 AM

Yes I felt it where I live too. It was pretty cool when you don't think about what that really means. I kept wondering if Niagara Falls was ok. It had to have been felt there. What I find amazing is that this was felt in such a wide spread area. I am just glad it was not worse for our neighbors in The Great White North hehe

Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.

Hide not your talents. They for use were made. What's a sundial in the shade?

~ Benjamin Franklin

I am a Bleeping Computer fan! Are you?

Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

#14 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,523 posts
  •  

Posted 25 June 2010 - 06:21 PM

you know, Im beginning to wonder if anyone really knew where this earthquake was really at, is this the case of the lost earthquake? maybe someone ought to give it a map :thumbsup:

My link above http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/rec...wa7.php#details if you check the tabs included a map of the location as well as latitude and longitude information.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#15 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,755 posts
  •  

Posted 26 June 2010 - 01:28 PM

My link above http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/rec...wa7.php#details if you check the tabs included a map of the location as well as latitude and longitude information.

animal, your ruining a good smart alec comment :flowers: lol I saw that I just thought Id be funny :trumpet:

picard5.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users