Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to remove an erroneous "Workgroup"

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 redoak

redoak

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:27 AM

Posted 23 June 2010 - 11:53 AM

I managed to give the wrong name for a "workgroup" when I added a computer to my network. I now have two "workgroups" showing. How do I remove the bad one? I have right clicked on it, but the menu does not include "delete."

Thanks, {redoak}
I am 81 years "young" and enjoying becoming computer "savvy." Need help from sites like this from time to time. Thanks to the folks who provide the assistance to those of us in need.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Retirednow

Retirednow

• Members
  • 121 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:27 PM

Posted 24 June 2010 - 01:05 AM

What OS do you have on the machine?

#3 arknaz

arknaz

• Members
  • 476 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:27 PM

Posted 24 June 2010 - 01:07 PM

If you have Xp, you should just be able to right click on 'My Computer' go to properties, then Computer name. Bottom link there will be to change the workgroup. So switch the bad one over the the correct one.

Link for vista

Hope that helps

-Scott
Samsung Chromebook +
  • Intel i5-2500K 3.3Ghz - Replaced with I7 3770k 3.5Ghz
  • 80G SSD, 640G/1TB/3TB Sata  
  • Palit GTX560 TI 2GB 
  • 16g G.Skill Sniper DDR3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users