Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Gamer for Business

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Listener

Listener

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:54 AM

Posted 23 June 2010 - 11:23 AM

In overview I have recently come into possession of an AMD Phenom X4 Quad Core Processor 9650, 2.3 GHz, 3600 MHz, L2 cache: 4x 512KB, L3 cache: 2 MB, process: 65nm SOI, Socket: AM2+, consumption: 95 W, HD9650WCGHBOX.
I want to build a computer to watch up too 12 streaming video windows simultaneously while conducting a number of other peripheral task.I have an large or mid “ATX form” case in mind and I'm thinking 8gbs DDR2 with dual channel ops, a single video card (not embedded), with at least four to six SATA connectors, and support for 3Gbpsto operation, integrated USB, sound, LAN , and gigabyte Ethernet. I am sure that bios and chip sets are crucial aspects of the device, but don't know how to interpret the technical jargon in the ads and articles I've read.
Documentation should include information on jumpers and switches found on the board, connector pin-outs for connectors, specs for plug-in components, and access to down-loadable driver and BIOS updates, FAQs, updated tables of processor and memory compatibility, and utility programs from the vendor.
I want to build a “gaming rig” dedicated to day-trading to see if I can gain some kind of edge. So many of the needs are the same but not necessarily. I am a novice of this realm and if any of this proposition doesn't jive I would appreciate insight and direction in general- and about the mobo and the vid-card in particular.
No I don't like to gamble but lately I've had a lot of time on my hands with few prospects to my advantage.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:54 PM

Posted 23 June 2010 - 10:24 PM

Welcome to the forums Listener!!!!

There are a few things to keep in mind with designing a build around such a setup.

1. What is your budget? Running that many windows across several monitors will require a beefy graphics setup.
2. Are you comfortable with building this PC, you don't sound too into it? By the way, almost all motherboards have on-board sound, LAN, USB, and SATA for the hard drives. Most motherboards are also jumper-less and have detailed documentation with driver and BIOS updates coming from the manufacturer.
3. Can your internet connection even handle twelve streaming video windows running at once? That must be a high end connection you've got there.
4. I'm not a financial expert (Went to school in NYC's financial district but didn't bother with finance. ETF's all the way!), but aren't trades delayed slightly? For example, if I executed a trade at 1204, I don't think that the trade would be completed at that exact moment. Therefore, a PC's speed shouldn't matter too much, unless it is extremely slow.
5. How many computer monitors are you going to be using? Spreading twelve windows across a single screen would be maddening. Spreading them across several would be easier to manage, I would think.
6. That AMD Phenom 9650 is an older CPU designed more for day-to-day tasks given its slowish clock speed of 2.3 GHz., do you want to keep it or go with the newer AMD Phenom II series?

3939.png

#3 Mr.VisualBasic

Mr.VisualBasic

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:54 AM

Posted 25 June 2010 - 11:46 AM

What you are trying to do will be difficult unless you put quite a bit of money into your machine. Also, you'd need a pretty good Internet connection to support the streams.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users