Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Re:Dell Dimension XPS T500

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 SoftwareGuy

SoftwareGuy

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:43 AM

Posted 23 June 2010 - 10:49 AM

Hey all,
I know I haven't posted anything here in quite a while, and I'm not sure if this is the right thread or not for this post, but I just got a computer from 1999, the dell dimension xps t500 That I will be upgrading soon. It had windows 98se on it, but I wiped the drive, and will be installing windows 2000 or xp, not sure(after I upgrade to a 40gb.hard drive). The specs as of now are:

pentium 3 processor
no o/s right now
4gb hard drive
3dfx interactive voodoo banshee videocard(yes I am going to upgrade the card also)
768mb of ram

aside from going to upgrade, this really is a rock solid computer. Anyways, thanks for reading.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:43 AM

Posted 23 June 2010 - 10:26 PM

What exactly are you asking? Absolutely that thing needs to be upgraded, or scrapped, if you're going to be doing much on it.

3939.png

#3 Mr.VisualBasic

Mr.VisualBasic

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:43 AM

Posted 25 June 2010 - 11:43 AM

Honestly man, if you can spare a couple hundred bucks, you should replace that machine completely. I hate to break it to you but unless you want to use legacy software for everything you do on it, it's useless.

40gb hard drives and anything below 1gb of RAM is asking for trouble.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users