Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Media player crashes on Vista

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Skydawg

Skydawg

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:38 PM

Posted 23 June 2010 - 09:03 AM

Just recently when I try to open Windows media player in Vista it crashes and brings up a blue screen. I restored system once, tried to open media player again, and the same thing happened - now I discover it can't be uninstalled because it's bundled with the entire Vista system. How can I find out what's wrong with it and repair it without re-installing the entire OS? Will my Vista re-installation disc give me diagnostic and repair options?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,299 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:38 PM

Posted 23 June 2010 - 11:59 AM

You can take a look in Event Viewer...and read the detail for any error which lists WMP as the source.

System manufacturer and model?

The options for using any disks supplied by an OEM (HP, Dell, etc.) should be detailed by them...they tend to vary by OEM.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users