Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blue Screen;physical Memory Dump

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 blwjrma

blwjrma

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:43 AM

Posted 13 October 2005 - 04:09 PM

I recently got a virus on my comp while on aim IM. I got some link and thought it was from my friend so of course I clicked on it and thats when the troube began. I didnt have Norton either at the time(big mistake). Well everytime I was on aim it would automatically send links to other people on my buddy list. Well I purchased Norton and it took care of that problem. But I still get the blue screen and the physical memory dump message when I try to start up my comp up. After about 3/4 tries my comp will finally start up. Not sure how to fix this problem. My comp runs on Windows 200o proffesional...thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 franktiii

franktiii

• Members
  • 309 posts
  •  

Posted 13 October 2005 - 04:23 PM

Can you write the entire error message when it begins memory dump.

Also what sort of computer, ram, processor, etc., do you have?

Have you added any hardware lately?

#3 blwjrma

blwjrma
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 13 October 2005 - 04:38 PM

Can you write the entire error message when it begins memory dump.

Also what sort of computer, ram, processor, etc., do you have?

Have you added any hardware lately?

Its a IBM thinkpad laptop, 128MB ram , itel pentium 3, I will have to get the #'s next time, but it shuts off quick so its hard to get all the #'s. Only thing I have added besides norton is spyware doctor

#4 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 13 October 2005 - 09:20 PM

Run both Adaware and Spybot Search and Destroy from safe mode, updating each program before you scan and setting both to fix what they find.

*AdAware SE: http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/adaware/

*Spybot S&D: http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html

Following that that I suggest you post a “HijackThis” log for expert assistance with your problem.

Read the pinned post in our “HijackThis” forum, here
Carefully read and follow all directions explicitly.

Following instructions run a log, and post it in the appropriate HJT forum, at this link.

Do not as yet attempt to fix anything by yourself using Hijack This.

A member of our HJT Team will analyze your log, make recommendations and offer assistance.

It may take a short period of time to get a response to the log you posted because the members of our HJT Team are kept very busy.
Pleasebe patient as this team is manned by volunteers. They will help you as soon as possible.

NOTE
Once you have posted your HJT log, please DO NOT make any additional posts in the HJT forum until you get a response from a member of our HJT expert team.

The first criteria they have when looking for logs that need replies are posts showing 0 replies. If you make an additional post, it will show as having 1 reply.
A team member, looking to see if a reply has been made might well assume another HJT Team member is already assisting you and might not open the thread to respond.

So, make your post and wait for a response from a team member.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users