Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Google/Yahoo redirect with occasional unsolicited popups

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 frudougy

frudougy

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:07 AM

Posted 22 June 2010 - 11:50 PM

My Google and Yahoo results (and some others, at times) are being redirected the first 4 or 5 times I click. Beyond that, they go through. I'm also getting occasional webpages loading (or attempting to) without clicking on anything. I've run Spyware Doctor (cleared up some issues), Malware Bytes (got some others) and Spybot S&D. All are now coming up clean, but the problem persists. I've done a HJT scan, but wasn't sure what to do with the results, so I've come here for help. Currently I've got the No Scripts add-on to firefox, which is helpful in keeping things at bay. Suggestions?

Edited by Orange Blossom, 23 June 2010 - 01:43 PM.
Move to AII as no logs posted and prep. guide not followed. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:07 PM

Posted 24 June 2010 - 06:34 PM

Try this:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-remo...sing-tdsskiller
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 frudougy

frudougy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:07 AM

Posted 24 June 2010 - 11:23 PM

Thanks, one rootkit infection found and removed. That seems to have taken care of the re-directs. Time will tell about the random popups.

#4 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:07 PM

Posted 24 June 2010 - 11:26 PM

Let us know if you have any more problems.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users