Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Irritating beep sound that does not go away

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 sijie123

sijie123

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:38 AM

Posted 22 June 2010 - 10:21 PM

Hi i recently have an irritating beep sound that takes priority over all the other Windows sounds (these include the error sounds, the warning and the info sounds). Whenever I do an action that will result in these popups, there will be a beep. For instance, when i end a task with Task Manager, a beep sound will accompany the warning. This beep only happened recently.
Can you assist me in solving this problem?
I am running Windows XP SP3 and my computer is about 3 years old.
Currently, I have locked my target at the registry.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:38 AM

Posted 23 June 2010 - 06:07 AM

Hi -
Open Control Panel > Sounds and Audio Devices > Sounds -
Click each item that has a Speaker next to it - Below that is a Drop down menu - Click on the Down arrow -
Select the sound you would like , or move the bar upwards and click on None Etc -
There is a / Windows Default / Chime / Ding Etc - Select the sound you want or select None if that is what you prefer -
I hope this solves your problem, because if it has not then further steps can be taken -
The Critical stop or Critical battery noise may be the cause -

Thank You -

#3 sijie123

sijie123
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:38 AM

Posted 23 June 2010 - 07:03 PM

Nope. That does not solve the problem. I have checked all the tasks. None of them match the sound i heard. The sound is most probably from my sound card, as other internet users say. However, i think something has been modified by my last virus. Can you think of another solution?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users