Hello and thanks for the reply.
I had posted here to the malware removal forum originally, thinking to save time because I knew I was infected and had had help here before, but then today, I posted to the "am I infected" forum thinking maybe I should have started there, so please excuse the double post.
First of all, I can not run DDS. I've tried many, many times. It doesn't give me an option of where to save, so after it downloads, I have to open my download folder in my documents, but every time I click on it, it says that "windows would not let me access the file because I may not have permission". I followed the instructions in the link provided and disabled my virus protection (avg free 9.0) as far as I can tell, but the only things it gives me an option to disable are resident shield and the link scanner. I tried downloading the first dds link you provided in your reply but the second one you listed only sent me to a page filled with coded text as far as I could tell. I also tried the links for dds provided in the tools section on this site. Any idea what I'm doing wrong? Sorry, I can't figure it out.
I'm not sure what the infection is anymore. It started with virussoft and google redirects and pop ups, but I'm not having that problem anymore, just random multiple detections by my virus software, and my computer running very slow and freezing up. Sometimes it takes up to a minute or more to perform any action that I'm asking it to do, whether moving in between web addresses, clicking on links, clicking on anything on my desktop or in my start menu, or or even right clicking to open a sub window. I've tried many things suggested in your malware removal guides, and ran most of the tools except for combo fix. I did try rkill, atf cleaner, gmer, tdsskiller, smitfraudfix, SDfix, all out of desperation. I have scanned with avg free 9.0, malwarebytes, and super anti spy. It will seem as if it has worked and my comp will run ok for a few hours, then it will start detecting viruses again, often when the computer is sitting idle, not going to any web pages.
Here is some of what has been detected. There has been more at times, but this is the latest that I wrote down.
Trojan horse Pakes. GAJ
Trojan horse Dropper generic 2. VQN
GMer also detected a hidden process at one time and it mentioned (boot) hmbee, if that helps.
I'm including the new gmer log below, but it looks as if all it's reading now is something associated with avg, and that frustrates me, because I thought I had it disabled. I can post any of the previous logs if you'd like, I saved them all.
I researched the above infected files a bit on Google and saw where disabling system restore and then trying to do a system clean again with my virus/malware protection was suggested, and I did that today. So far I haven't had any problems detected again when scanning, however, my system is still freezing up and running very slow.
What to do about DDS?
Thanks in advance for your help.
GMER 220.127.116.1181 - http://www.gmer.net
Rootkit quick scan 2010-06-28 22:32:13
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3
Running: gmer.exe; Driver: C:\DOCUME~1\Admin\LOCALS~1\Temp\uxtdqpob.sys
---- Devices - GMER 1.0.15 ----
AttachedDevice \Driver\Tcpip \Device\Ip avgtdix.sys (AVG Network connection watcher/AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o.)
AttachedDevice \Driver\Tcpip \Device\Tcp avgtdix.sys (AVG Network connection watcher/AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o.)
AttachedDevice \Driver\Tcpip \Device\Udp avgtdix.sys (AVG Network connection watcher/AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o.)
AttachedDevice \Driver\Tcpip \Device\RawIp avgtdix.sys (AVG Network connection watcher/AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o.)
---- EOF - GMER 1.0.15 ----
Edited by angicx, 29 June 2010 - 09:47 AM.