Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

VGA --> Monitor Fail

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 darkside701

darkside701

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:55 AM

Posted 22 June 2010 - 05:33 PM

Long story short my daughter kicked my laptop screen in so you could only see about half the screen. In order to fix this I simply hooked up a VGA cable and took it to my desktops monitor. This worked fine for about a month and now the remaining portion of the screen has gone blank. On occasion I would still need to log in for the screen to switch over to the external monitor. When I had half a screen it wasn't a problem but now with nothing I am unable to log in. Also this is running on Vista.

What are my options?

Edited by darkside701, 22 June 2010 - 05:35 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 gavinseabrook

gavinseabrook

• Members
  • 773 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:55 AM

Posted 25 June 2010 - 12:31 AM

Go on ebay and buy a replacement LCD screen for your model of computer. You can usually find one for around 50-90 bucks and that way you wont have to worry about a monitor. They are very easy to install, all you need is a flathead and philips screwdriver and you can probably find plenty of "do it yourself" sites that will show you how.

~ALL HAIL THE POWER OF GOOGLE!

Gavin Seabrook

#3 darkside701

darkside701
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:55 AM

Posted 28 June 2010 - 02:45 PM

Perhaps I was looking in the wrong spot but last I checked I would have needed about $300 for a new screen. So basically by the lack of responses I am gathering there is no easy way to get the screen to flip over with the laptop screen being dead.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users