Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dell Vostro 1510 not booting up

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 gazspeight

gazspeight

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:01 PM

Posted 22 June 2010 - 02:48 PM

Hi guys!!!!
I have a Dell Vostro 1510 laptop & when it boots up it goes to the windows screen with the bar going from left to right, then it comes up with the blue screen saying" The image kernel32.dll is possibly corrupt. The header checksum does not match the computed checksum".
Then that's it, i turn it off & all happens again.
I've tried to change the boot to CDrom to re-install windows but keeps coming up with this!
Any ideas please.... thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,746 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:01 PM

Posted 22 June 2010 - 03:29 PM

You can try to copy kernel32.dll from the ...\system32\dllcache directory to ...\system32 from the Recovery Console.

If this does not help try to copy kernel32.dll from e.g. a Service Pack CD or something to the ...\system32 directory.

Can you boot into safe mode?

You either changed the boot options in the BIOS...or you didn't...if you changed them and could not boot from the optical drive...let us know. There is no reason for that error message to show when booting from an optical drive.

Louis

#3 gazspeight

gazspeight
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:01 PM

Posted 22 June 2010 - 04:19 PM

I've tried to boot from the cd/dvd rom but still comes up with this.
The installation disc that came with this laptop is a re-installation, been told may need to reformat but cannot access anything & keeps displaying this screen.
Will i need to reformat & re-install a new copy of windows?

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,746 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:01 PM

Posted 22 June 2010 - 05:12 PM

I can't see your disk, cannot try it on my systems...cannot see the files on it.

Perhaps you need to read your Dell documentation on what that disk can be used for and what it cannot be used for...and how such is to be done.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users