Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

OfficeJet L7780 Not scanning

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 hemiguy702

hemiguy702

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:35 PM

Posted 22 June 2010 - 12:47 PM

Hey guys...

I have a Office Jet Pro 7780. It is connected wired to a linksys router.

There is currently two computers connected to the same network. The HP software detected the printers over network upon install and still maintains connection to print.

One computer has full access to print and scan over the network.

The other computer can print over the network, but not scan. The solution center launches and can control everything of the printer but that one function. When the scan button is selected it say s that an "Internal error has occured" and I need to restart the software, or PC or re-install the imaging fuctions. I have done all those things and even re-installed the FULL software. But yet I can still not print and still same errors. The PC was a ble to communicate before to scan. THe IP address is all setup as static in the device and windows. So the error is not IP communication failure.. I have had A LOT of issues with the particular printer... Any ideas?

UPDATE: I RAN HP's SCAN DIAGNOSTIC TOOL, AND THE ERROR IS WITH THE "SCAN FLOW MANAGER" RESTART OF PC, AND UNINSTALL/RE-INSTALL OF DRIVER SOFTWARE STILL YIELDS THE SAME RESULTS!

Any ideas now?

Posted Image

This is an example of what the diag utility throws back

Posted Image

Thanks guys,

-Louis

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:35 PM

Posted 25 June 2010 - 09:11 PM

The image you show showing the error is the same as the one in this HP help page check it out. http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/documen...cname=c02073847

It states that there is a FIX option available have you tried doing that from that diagnostic utility?

Check out solution Three on that page and do what it says.

If this does not fix the problem please post back letting us know that.

Kind regards.
Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 37 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users