Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

C++ help

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 comet@earth

comet@earth

• Members
  • 170 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:06 PM

Posted 22 June 2010 - 10:04 AM

I am learning C++.i have already learnt C.Presently i m using the turbo c++ 3.5 and it gives me error on many instances.Even the output is not satisfactory.I tried type conversion in one of my programs and it didn't work.Plz tell me the reason and also an environment which supports all core C++ features.Also i would welcome tips,books,etc on becoming a better programmer.Kindly help.plz tell me if u require more inputs.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Mr.VisualBasic

Mr.VisualBasic

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:36 AM

Posted 22 June 2010 - 10:49 AM

First of all, you shouldn't be using Turbo C++. As replied in your other post, Turbo C++ is highly outdated and is not up to standard. Consider using another IDE. Again, I myself recommend Visual C++ Express 2010.

Edited by Mr.VisualBasic, 22 June 2010 - 10:50 AM.

#3 comet@earth

comet@earth
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 170 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2010 - 11:33 AM

what is the difference between these environments like turbo,borland,visual,etc....

#4 Mr.VisualBasic

Mr.VisualBasic

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:36 AM

Posted 22 June 2010 - 01:32 PM

Some are open source (like Eclipse C++), while others are proprietary (like Visual C++).

Visual C++ has a very vast collection of libraries already integrated into the IDE (with development network for documentation Microsoft Development Network). This makes it easy to learn as you go. I've been programming for years but I still find MSDN to be a life saver. The benefit of using a proprietary IDE like Visual C++ is that it's very stable with many nice features.

The major benefit to using an open source IDE like eclipse is t he fact that it's cross-platform, allowing you to develop with ease on operating systems besides Windows.

#5 comet@earth

comet@earth
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 170 posts
  •  

Posted 23 June 2010 - 03:32 AM

Some are open source (like Eclipse C++), while others are proprietary (like Visual C++).
The major benefit to using an open source IDE like eclipse is t he fact that it's cross-platform, allowing you to develop with ease on operating systems besides Windows.

open source means softwares open for debugging,error trapping,etc.am i correct??proprietary would mean..?The last line was a bouncer kindly explain it simply.

#6 Deviouz1

Deviouz1

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:36 AM

Posted 24 June 2010 - 12:42 AM

open source means softwares open for debugging,error trapping,etc.am i correct??proprietary would mean..?The last line was a bouncer kindly explain it simply.

:thumbsup:

umm.

ok, when you hear the words "open source" think Unix, Linux etc. their source code is free to the general public.

when you hear the word "proprietary" think Windows. you have to buy it and their source code is jealously guarded and vigorously defended.

ive never heard of the term "pirated copy of linux" but the same cannot be said for windows. and thats about as simple as i can imagine explaining it. umm... good luck.

#7 comet@earth

comet@earth
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 170 posts
  •  

Posted 24 June 2010 - 01:27 AM

thanks a ton

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users