Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Icon's not working

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 mummsie39

mummsie39

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:52 PM

Posted 22 June 2010 - 09:00 AM

For some reason when i click on a Icon on my desktop nothing happens to open anything i have to go to the quick launch bar and when playing any games that cover the screen I am unable to minimize by useing the windows key. This happened after downloading some music on Frostwire.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 s1lents0ul

s1lents0ul

• Members
  • 544 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:52 PM

Posted 22 June 2010 - 09:38 AM

Does anyone else have access to your computer?

Perhaps the icons arent icons..i play a trick where i take a picture of the desktop with print screen, set it as the desktop background, and move all the desktop icons to a folder, so they see icons but its just a picture.

Try hitting ALT+TAB while playing a game to minimize, you will need something else open to minimize, like notepad or something.

downloading music always a gateway for malware...
==]--s1lents0ul-->

#3 mummsie39

mummsie39
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2010 - 04:23 PM

Lol funny you should say that my kids thought thats what it was too but no that is not the problem if you restart the computer everything works just fine

Edited by mummsie39, 22 June 2010 - 04:33 PM.

#4 s1lents0ul

s1lents0ul

• Members
  • 544 posts
  •  

Posted 23 June 2010 - 06:03 AM

Ok, haha. well..have you ran any scans?
==]--s1lents0ul-->

#5 mummsie39

mummsie39
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 23 June 2010 - 07:03 PM

No idea what scans i should do my avg runs daily. I do get the occasional pop up add somethimes its a blank browser but other than that the icons on the desk top will only work for a while after a restart. So i checked my AVG logs and found this Trojan horse Generic 18.LAJ I see it twice in the log along with another alert PUP Potentialy harmful program TABQUERY.C I hope this helps

Edited by mummsie39, 23 June 2010 - 10:03 PM.

#6 s1lents0ul

s1lents0ul

• Members
  • 544 posts
  •  

Posted 24 June 2010 - 10:17 AM

Well Trojan=BAD, also, blank window pop ups = BAD

Never rely on only one Anti-Virus, also you should get some Spyware Detection Like Spybot Search and Destroy, and SUPERANTISPYWARE
Other good Virus scanners are Avast Antivirus and Malwarebytes.

Post a New thread, Title it "Have Trojan, need help cleaning" and in post:

I get the occasional pop up add somethimes its a blank browser but other than that the icons on the desk top will only work for a while after a restart. So i checked my AVG logs and found this Trojan horse Generic 18.LAJ I see it twice in the log along with another alert PUP Potentialy harmful program TABQUERY.C

Wait for a Malware Response Team Member to assist you. Sometimes it takes a while for a response at first, they are very busy.
==]--s1lents0ul-->

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users