Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dr Watson Postmortem Debugger have AceBot behind it?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Txsranger

Txsranger

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:16 PM

Posted 22 June 2010 - 07:49 AM

I am getting an error message when I go into My Documents,that says DrWatson has detected a problem and must shut down, then everything freezes. I was told by someone that Dr Watson, although being part of XP, has an AceBot behind it. Is there someway to check this, and or nuetralize it if necessary?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:16 AM

Posted 22 June 2010 - 09:14 AM

Hi -
Without thinking of Dr Watson , What Antivirus and Anti Malware programs do you run ??
I never rely on Dr Watson for full diagnostics or prevention - -
Run a Disk Check on your C: drive in Windows XP:
  • Click Start and open My Computer
  • Right-click on C: and select Properties
  • Click on the Tools tab
  • Under Error-checking click the Check Now... button
  • Mark the box next to Automatically fix file system errors and Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors
  • When the message box pops up, click the Schedule disk check button and restart your computer
  • Once your computer restarts it will check the drive, don't press any keys so that it is allowed to do so
Thank You -

Edited by noknojon, 22 June 2010 - 09:16 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users