Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No spin from washing machine

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Wildabeast

Wildabeast

Bleeping Lurker...

• Members
  • 1,259 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:45 PM

Posted 22 June 2010 - 01:43 AM

Hi everyone,
got a problem with my front loading, Maytag, Neptune series washer. It's one of those small washer dryer combo's with the dryer stacked on top..

Anyway, this past week when we ran some laundry, the wash machine never went into spin, so all the laundry was dripping wet. I'm planning on opening up the back and see if I can figure it out.

Any suggestions on what to look for or do?

Thanks
"The nine most feared words in the english language, 'I'm from the government, and I'm here to help'..."
Ronald Reagan

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DSTM

DSTM

"Bleepin' Aussie Addict"

• Members
  • 2,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:45 AM

Posted 22 June 2010 - 02:54 AM

Hi Wildabeast.I had a quick look on the Net, and here are a couple of things to check.

HTH.

If it is pumping the water out, but just not spinning, start the machine up in a spin cycle and see if it locks the door (lock light will come on) after a minute or two. If the door does not lock, remove the 3 phillips screws from the top of the control panel and pull the panel forward. On the right side you will see the machine control board. Look on the lower left side for a resister numbered "R11", if that resistor is burnt, you will need to either replace the resistor bu removing the board and soldering a new one in, or just replace the whole board with a new one. You will also need to replace the door lock wax motor, as thats what caused the problem with the board.
Its a VERY common thing on the 3000 and 4000 series Neptunes.

#3 Wildabeast

Wildabeast

Bleeping Lurker...

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,259 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2010 - 06:10 AM

Thanks DSTM,
I was thinking more along the lines of a loose belt or something. :thumbsup: I'll pull the thing apart today when I get home from work. Hopefully it's an easy fix....
"The nine most feared words in the english language, 'I'm from the government, and I'm here to help'..."
Ronald Reagan

#4 DeathStalker

DeathStalker

• Banned
  • 868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:45 PM

Posted 24 June 2010 - 02:34 PM

Thanks DSTM,
I was thinking more along the lines of a loose belt or something. :thumbsup: I'll pull the thing apart today when I get home from work. Hopefully it's an easy fix....

and you found? Was it a loose belt or something or was it the circuit board thingy?

After going to this site a couple of years ago, I have NEVER paid for appliance repairs again and have actually gotten paid for fixing some. I last got paid two weeks ago.

Wait, let me rephrase that. I last sent a BILL two weeks ago. I'm still waiting on a check...............

Anyway, the dude that owns the site will get back to you if you contact him directly whether or not you sign up for any of the fee based services. He just won't do it instantly. If you catch him actually ONLINE in the chat mode though, he will get to you immediately. He did for me anyway. the forum itself has helped me fix dishwashers, washing machines, ovens, stove tops, refrigerators........... plus the site is just plain funny in the non help parts.

#5 Wildabeast

Wildabeast

Bleeping Lurker...

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,259 posts
  •  

Posted 25 June 2010 - 02:17 AM

Well I went out looking for a repair manual on my machine but could not find one. I went looking into the machine trying to find the board that DSTM mentioned, couldn't find it..

I called Sears, they came out and said what I feared. The wax motor is bad and the board needs replaced. Turns out you have to take the side of the dryer off to get to the board, which is up high and near the back somewhere according to him. So I've ordered the parts and Sears will come back out to install them.

I'm gettin old, I miss the "cherry"switches and timers. The stuff I could pretty much diagnos and replace...

All this new fangled "electronics" is really p*****g me off... :thumbsup:
Ronald Reagan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users