Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Win32.sillydi.mv And Win32.dyfuca.q.trojan

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 fischman

fischman

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:33 PM

Posted 13 October 2005 - 09:20 AM

Well just reinstalled my system and as I was downloading different programs I like to use on my computer, I apparently got one that was infected. Unfortunately, being stupid, I didn't have my antivirus on the system yet. So I installed it as soon as I noticed I was getting a ton of pop ups and system was slowing down. I use Computer Associates EZArmor and EZAnti-Virus. I installed it, updated it and ran it. It found multiple files on my computer and deleted them. I also ended up running Ad-Aware SE and deleted 130 some infected files. Thought it was all ok, but now my internet connection has been iffy and I've been getting reports of outbound attempts from my computer. Not sure if they're related, but when I woke up this morning I saw that the Anti-Virus had found the sillydi.mv virus again and deleted it. Well here's my Hijackthis log:

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 8:46:31 AM, on 10/13/2005
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Object Desktop\WindowBlinds\wbload.exe
C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust EZ Armor\eTrust EZ Antivirus\ISafe.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe
C:\Program Files\D-Link\AirPlus G\AirGCFG.exe
C:\Program Files\ANI\ANIWZCS2 Service\WZCSLDR2.exe
C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NvMixer\NVMixerTray.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\RUNDLL32.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\E_S4I2G1.EXE
C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust EZ Armor\eTrust Anti-Spam\QSP-2.1.215.5\QOELoader.exe
C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust EZ Armor\eTrust EZ Antivirus\CAVTray.exe
C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust EZ Armor\eTrust EZ Antivirus\CAVRID.exe
C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust EZ Armor\eTrust EZ Firewall\ca.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust EZ Armor\eTrust EZ Antivirus\VetMsg.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Josh\My Documents\Anti Trojan\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://yahoo.com/
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [D-Link AirPlus G] C:\Program Files\D-Link\AirPlus G\AirGCFG.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ANIWZCS2Service] C:\Program Files\ANI\ANIWZCS2 Service\WZCSLDR2.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NVMixerTray] "C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NvMixer\NVMixerTray.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /install
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [EPSON Stylus CX5400] C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\E_S4I2G1.EXE /P19 "EPSON Stylus CX5400" /O6 "USB001" /M "Stylus CX5400"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QOELOADER] "C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust EZ Armor\eTrust Anti-Spam\QSP-2.1.215.5\QOELoader.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CaAvTray] "C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust EZ Armor\eTrust EZ Antivirus\CAVTray.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CAVRID] "C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust EZ Armor\eTrust EZ Antivirus\CAVRID.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Zone Labs Client] "C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust EZ Armor\eTrust EZ Firewall\ca.exe"
O4 - Startup: PowerReg SchedulerV2.exe
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700} (Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool) - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=39204
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://update.microsoft.com/windowsupdate/...b?1129070644512
O16 - DPF: {6E32070A-766D-4EE6-879C-DC1FA91D2FC3} (MUWebControl Class) - http://update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdat...b?1129073026297
O20 - Winlogon Notify: WB - C:\PROGRA~1\OBJECT~1\WINDOW~1\fastload.dll
O23 - Service: CAISafe - Computer Associates International, Inc. - C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust EZ Armor\eTrust EZ Antivirus\ISafe.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
O23 - Service: VET Message Service (VETMSGNT) - Computer Associates International, Inc. - C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust EZ Armor\eTrust EZ Antivirus\VetMsg.exe
O23 - Service: TrueVector Internet Monitor (vsmon) - Zone Labs Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe

Thanks for any and all help.

Josh

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,504 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:33 AM

Posted 18 October 2005 - 11:42 AM

Print out these instructions and then close all windows including Internet Explorer.

Reboot your computer into Safe Mode

Then I want you to fix some of those entries. Please do the following:

Please make sure that you can view all hidden files. Instructions on how to do this can be found here:

How to see hidden files in Windows

Run Hijackthis again, click scan, and Put a checkmark next to each of these. Then click the Fix button:

Then delete these files or directories (Do not be concerned if they do not exist)

Reboot your computer to go back to normal mode.

Download http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/files/winpfind.php

Extract WinPFind.zip to your c:\ folder.

Reboot your computer into Safe Mode

Then open c:\WinPFind and double-click on WinPFind.exe. When the program is open, click on the Start Scan button to scart scanning your computer. Be patient as this scan may take a while. When it is done, it will show a log and tell you the scan is completed. Reboot your computer back to normal mode and and post the contents of c:\WinPFind\WinPFind.txt as a reply to this topic along iwht a new hjt log

#3 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,504 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:33 AM

Posted 14 November 2005 - 10:50 AM

Due to inactivity this topic is closed. If you need to reopen this topic, please contact a moderator and they will do so.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users