Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Freezing, Slowing Down & Not Responding to Mouse Commands

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 TQUAD

TQUAD

• Members
  • 96 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:40 AM

Posted 21 June 2010 - 11:04 PM

Confused and Needing Help,
I am running Windows XP Professional with SP3 as well as ALL the updates and corrective installs, at least according to my copy of Belarc Adviser. I am currently using an ASUS A8V-VM SE motherboard, a 2.2Ghz AMD Athlon 64 processor, 512mb of DDR-400-184 Pin SDRAM, a Behringer UCA-202 USB Outboard Fully Digital Audio Adapter which connects directly to my home audio system, a NU-CDRW/DVD DBW 521 & a LITE ON LTR-52246S DVD/CDR Units one of which is non functional, and a RT73 USB Wireless LAN Card. The rest is pretty standard interface equipment. The defective drive is soon to be replaced and the SDRAM maxed out to 2Gig, but not before the system is working properly.

After finally successfully removing the AV Security Suite virus or 'Hostage Ware' by running a multitude of programs and following a lot of step-by-step procedures, yours included, I was hoping my computer would return to a reasonably good level of performance. [NOT SO]. Despite all the cleansing that was done it is now Freezing and or Hesitating extremely often and many times it is Not Responding to Direct Mouse Commands for up to ten or fifteen seconds or more. I have run and re-run Crap Cleaner, Spybot S & D, Avira, Avaast, Ad-Aware, Safe Returner, AVG9, AutoRun, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and Super AntiSpyware for programs in a small attempt to help eliminate the 'Evil-Intended' commands that are really screwing up my system. I have also, under very specific 'Professional' instructions, run regedit and msconfig to selectively remove all the nasty little gremlins that slithered their way into my registry. I thought I was 'Winning the War' for a brief moment or two. The only other change I have made was the addition of VLC Media Player because of the very nice Sixth Octave real time display it offers during playback, which I need in my production work. The over-all slower performance and temporary freezes are really riving me nuts. The only time it seems to work reasonably well is in Safe Mode. Unfortunately no audio and many other limitations. Last, when I perform 'Search' I come up with a ton of files connected to Yahoo, which I really have no need for. The only use I have for yahoo is for email. ANY and ALL HELP will be appreciated. I need it badly.
Sincerely Yours,

Tom

Edited by Budapest, 21 June 2010 - 11:09 PM.
Email address removed ~BP

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,725 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:40 AM

Posted 21 June 2010 - 11:36 PM

With the information you have provided I believe you will need help from the malware removal team. I would like you to start a new thread and post a DDS log HERE and include a link to this thread. Please make sure that you read the information about getting started before you start your thread.

It would be helpful if you post a note here once you have completed the steps in the guide and have started your topic in malware removal. Good luck and be patient. Help is on the way!

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,131 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:40 AM

Posted 22 June 2010 - 08:01 AM

I moved OP's thread to AII about a week ago...seems to have been overlooked.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic324134.html

I just asked for someone to take a look, so I would hold off on making a new thread in the Malware Removal Logs forum.

To avoid further confusion, I am closing this thread.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users