Example Log: QuickBrowser Example Log
Tools Needed for this fix: HijackThis
Related Tutorials: How to use HijackThis to remove Browser Hijackers & Spyware
Symptoms in a HijackThis Log:
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QBRSR] C:\WINDOWS\QuickBrowser.exe
Note: If you have this program installed on your computer there is a good chance of other unwanted programs being installed as well.
Instructions: Remove this program through the provided Add/Remove Programs entry. To uninstall it follow these steps:
- Download HijackThis from the above link and extract it to c:\hijackthis.
- Navigate to the c:\hijackthis directory and double-click on HijackThis
- When the program starts, double-click on the HijackThis icon and then click
on the Scan button.
- Put a checkmark next to the entry labeled: O4 - HKLM\..\Run:
- Then click the Fix button
- Put a checkmark next to the entry labeled: O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QBRSR] C:\WINDOWS\QuickBrowser.exe
- Close HijackThis.
- Reboot your computer into Safe
- Delete the following directory: C:\Windows\QuickBrowser.exe
- Reboot your computer and let it boot normally.
This is a self-help guide. Use at your own risk.
BleepingComputer.com can not be held responsible for problems that may occur by using this information. If you would like help with any of these fixes, you can post a HijackThis log in our HijackThis Logs and Analysis forum.
If you have any questions about this self-help guide then please post those questions in our AntiVirus, Firewall and Privacy Products and Protection Methods forum and someone will help you.