Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 64 died after bios update no operating system?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 MDWOklahoma

MDWOklahoma

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:22 AM

Posted 21 June 2010 - 08:36 PM

ASUS Motherboard M4N82 Delux
ASUS Automatic Bios Update crashed system

It says there is no operating system on a clean system, so shoot, I will reload. Now on all hard drives it reads setup was unable to create a new system partition or locate an existing system parition. See setup log files for more information.

Not sure how you see logs if system can not operate. One of the drives was completely empty. Just had formated faster two drives in Raid before bios update a mistake I guess going to 5-2010 update sucks now. No computer any ideas and notice it use to ask to set up raid on startup by hitting F10 nothing similar now.

Am I screwed now, not sure if a start dvd would work or not as immediately after update it said I had no operating system which was just loaded. I did notice once I could get into DOS that instead of a C: Prompt there is a X: weired experience. Maybe figure out how to make a boot disc in win7 or maybe HP laptop not sure if that will help. Running repair from DOS but no luck

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:22 PM

Posted 22 June 2010 - 08:25 AM

Have you called ASUS Yet, and asked them?

PC Crashes while the BIOS is being updated can make a computer become a paperweight.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users