Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD, NDIS.sys

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 tfields1211

tfields1211

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:13 AM

Posted 21 June 2010 - 05:29 PM

Not trying to hijack the thread but I have been battling the same issue over the last couple of days. I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop running Windows XP home. I suspect it is a driver issue buit I don't know how to fix it. I can reboot in safe mode but I have experienced the BSOD from there as well. I get this info as well: 0xDD00003D, 0x00000002, 0x00000001, 0xF74E6E9F

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

NDIS.sys- address F74E6E9F base at F74CE000

Is this what you get? :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,241 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:13 AM

Posted 21 June 2010 - 06:43 PM

IMO, ndis.sys errors generally indicate networking driver problems.

http://www.vladd44.com/other/irq_error.php

Louis

#3 tfields1211

tfields1211
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2010 - 10:01 AM

Thanks for the heads up. After looking into the network conflicts and tinkering with the computer, I discovered the IRQ (PCI) 11 had a lot of different functions assigned to it. I also noticed that if I booted up with the wireless network card manually swtiched off, I had no problems. As soon as I swtiched it on, BAM---BSOD! So, it looks like a conflict does exist but I cannot change the IRQ for anything b/c of ACPI (according to what I have read.) I see an option under the device manager that would appear to allow me to remove (delete) the Microsoft ACPI-Compliant System.

1) Can I actually remove the ACPI system here and thus allow me to re-assign some IRQ details?
2) If so, will it hard the OS and just cause more problems?
3) I have no idea where my original windows disk is and I dont want to lose everything on the laptop if I delete windows and reinstall...ideas?

Thanks!

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,241 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2010 - 01:28 PM

IRQ-sharing...has existed for a long time.

What makes you think that there is a conflict?

Perhaps your wireless drivers are damaged...I would uninstall them and then reinstall them.

The drivers should be available as support for your system...at the Toshiba website.

Louis

#5 tfields1211

tfields1211
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2010 - 05:47 PM

I followed ur link in the prior response and it seemed like a conflict may be the issue. When I saw how many items were on IRQ 11 I figured that must be it. I dont know why my drivers may have gotten screwed up but wont I need an internet connection to d-load the drivers? I suppose I can hardwire the connection instead of wireless, right?

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,241 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2010 - 06:46 PM

http://kadaitcha.cx/irq_conflicts.html

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314068

http://www.helpwithpcs.com/upgrading/change-irq-settings.htm

I've provided my ideas already, it's your system, your theories.

Louis

#7 tfields1211

tfields1211
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 28 June 2010 - 08:12 PM

OK, I guess I am stumped. I tried to udate the driver but when I do I get a message saying that the current version of Intel Proset cannot be updated and that it needs to be uninstalled first. I tried uninstalling from the device manager but that doesnt seem to work. Anyone have any tips for updating the Intel Proset wireless driver? The computer does boot up fine when the wireless card is turned off. Sometimes I can turn it on and even get online for a few minutes before I get the BSOD. Other times the BSOD comes as soon as I flip the switch on the card. I am definitely at the end of my technological rope!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users